YOKOHAMA, Japan - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of the all-new NV100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio to go on sale on March 3 at Nissan dealers throughout Japan.
Ever since the NV100 Clipper first went on sale in 2003, as Nissan's mini commercial car, it has won high approval from customers for its excellent loading capacity and ease of use, including its agile turning performance. The light-weight wagon, NV100 Clipper Rio that was released in 2007, has also received high accolades with its expansive load space and versatile seat arrangements for everyday use, leisure and more.
The all-new NV100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio takes Nissan's innovative commercial vehicle one step further, now armed with improved fuel efficiency, thanks in part to the implementation of a new engine and lighter body and innovative new safety equipment that includes Forward Emergency Braking and Emergency assist for pedal misapplication, making them the only models in their class to feature such advanced technology.*1
The NV100 Clipper equipped with 5-speed Auto Gear Shift (5AGS) and its 5-speed manual counterpart have achieved the "2015 Fuel Economy Standard" and meets the "SU-LEV certification by emitting 75 percent fewer exhaust emissions than in 2005," making them the only vehicles in their respective classes eligible for tax breaks under Japan's "Environmentally Friendly Automobile Promotion Tax System," resulting in lowered automobile acquisition tax and automobile weight tax.
Both models are supplied by Suzuki Motor Corporation as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) supply vehicles.
The NV100 Clipper Japan market sales target is 1,500 units per month. Prices range of the NV100 Clipper from 951,480 yen to 1,497,960 yen, including consumption tax. The NV100 Clipper Rio version's Japan market sales target is 250 units per month. Prices range of the NV100 Clipper Rio from 1,605,960 yen to 1,821,960 yen, including consumption tax.
Key features of the all-new NV100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio are as follows:
Best-in-class fuel economy
- Implementation of the new-model engine, "R06A", which features variable valve-timing on the intake valves to improve low- and mid-range torque. This addition results in better acceleration and enhanced uphill driving performance.
- By utilizing High Tensile Strength Steel and Ultra High Tensile Strength Steel for key areas of the body, collision safety and overall stability have been improved, while reducing the vehicle's weight by 40kg (the DX 5MT model).
- With a 5-speed manual gearbox serving as its foundation, the new AGS transmission automatically operates the clutch and shifts (available on all trim levels except the GX Turbo). Vehicles equipped with AGS offer best-in-class*1 fuel economy of 19.0km/L for 4WD models and 20.2km/L for 2WD variants.
NV100 Clipper Rio
- All vehicles are equipped with the R06A intercooled turbocharged engine that adds extra excitement to the driving experience. Mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission, the NV100 Clipper Rio returns a remarkable fuel economy of 16.2km/L for 2WD models and 14.6km/L for those with 4WD.
Best-in-class cargo space
- With best-in-class*1 cargo space boasting overall dimensions of 1910mm, 1385mm and 1240mm (length, width and height), the NV100 Clipper sees an increase of 210mm, 25mm and 45mm, respectively, from previous models (measured with two passengers onboard). Thanks to this new cavernous interior, various items such as beer cases, large cardboard boxes, tatami mats, and bread cases can be efficiently loaded and transported (figures are for the DX High-Roof Model).
- Large sliding doors and a large rear door opening make the NV100 Clipper extremely simple to access the NV100 Clipper's best-in-class*1 cargo space.
- Front passenger seat incline mechanism has been added for ease in loading long objects.
- Luggage Utility Nuts are placed for customers to personalize cargo space for their convenience.
- Comes with the Overhead Shelf (standard on the DX GL Package, GX, and GX Turbo) for ease and accessibility of various items for your convenience.
NV100 Clipper Rio
- Best-in-class*1 cargo space now measures a remarkable 2240mm, 1355mm and 1420mm (length, width and height), which is an increase of 195mm, 50mm and 35mm, respectively, from the previous models equipped with the higher roof.
- Various seat arrangements are available for loading bicycles and other long objects. They can even be arranged into a full-flat "bed" for those times when you want to take a quick nap in the vehicle.
- Generous storage space includes instrument tray, overhead console and center dash panel storage bin.
Robust package of advanced technologies
NV100 Clipper, NV100 Clipper Rio (Only one in its class*1 with the following noted)
- Forward Emergency Braking*3 utilizes an infrared laser radar for forward vehicle recognition that alerts the driver of collision with warning signals, and also assists with either the prevention or reduction in collision damage through automatic emergency braking.
- Emergency Assist for Pedal Misapplication*3 helps reduce accidents when drivers may mistake the brake for the accelerator or press down on the accelerator too strongly, resulting in collisions with nearby vehicles, walls or pedestrian. The system engages when the vehicle is stopped or traveling at 10km/h or less.
- VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control) with TCS functions*3 increases stability of the vehicle through automatic braking and control of engine output when handling the vehicle on slippery roads or during evasive emergency handling to avoid obstacles.
- Emergency Stop Signal*3 alerts vehicles behind the driver with automatic lighting of hazard lights upon sudden braking while driving.
- Hill Start Assist*4 prevents the vehicle from rolling back down an incline by temporarily activating the brakes (maximum of 2 seconds) when moving your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal during launch.
- Rear heaters (standard on the GX and GX Turbo)
- Power-folding remote-controlled colored door mirrors (standard on GX and GX Turbo)
- Full-flat adjustable seats (standard on GX and GX Turbo)
- Power windows (includes one-touch driver's seat, inadvertent key-off prevention, and automatic reverse feature to prevent anything from getting caught upon closing, and comes standard on DX GL Package, GX, and GX Turbo. Front only for DX GL Package)
- Car alarm (standard on DX GL Package, GX, and GX Turbo)
NV100 Clipper Rio
- Auto light system (all vehicles)
- Intelligent Key (detects the driver's seat, passenger seat, and rear door)
- Engine start button (all vehicles)
- Auto Slide Door (automatic reverse feature) & Slide Door Auto Closer (all vehicles; Auto Slide Door on rear, left-side seat only)
- Immobilizer (approved by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism) (all vehicles)
- Electronic Auto Step (standard on G)
Other key safety and environmental technologies
- Multi-reflector halogen headlights, equipped with manual headlight levelizer (standard on all NV100 Clipper)
- Xenon headlights, low beam/equipped with auto headlight levelizer (standard on all NV Clipper Rio)
- Heated door mirror (standard on all NV Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio 4WD models)
- Power-folding remote-controlled colored door mirror, with side under mirror attachment (standard on all NV100 Clipper GX, GX Turbo, and NV100 Clipper Rio)
- High Mount Stop Lamp (all vehicles)
- Rear windshield wipers, with washers (all vehicles)
- Front ventilated disc brake (standard on all NV100 Clipper Rio)
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) + EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) *5
- Forward Emergency Braking *3
- Emergency assist for pedal misapplication*3
- VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control with TCS functions) *3
- Light-weight shock-absorbent body
- Driver's seat double pretensioner seatbelt with load limiter (all vehicles)
- Passenger seat double pretensioner seatbelts with load limiter (all vehicles)
- All seats with ELR (Emergency Locking Retractor) 3-point seatbelts (all vehicles)
- Driver's seat and passenger seat SRS airbag system (all vehicles)
Nissan is aiming to have Autonomous Drive technology phased into practical application by the year 2020*6. Nissan has announced plans to deliver many of the inherent safety technologies that will be featured, such as Forward Emergency Braking, Camera Recognition and Control Automation, to be fully equipped on almost all vehicle categories within 2015 for release in Japan. Aside from the announced NV100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio, the Fuga, Skyline, Teana, X-TRAIL, Serena, Note, Nissan DAYZ, and Nissan DAYZ ROOX have been fully equipped.
For further information on the NV100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio, please view the following.
NV100 Clipper: http://www.nissan.co.jp/NV100CLIPPER/
NV100 Clipper Rio:http://www.nissan.co.jp/NV100CLIPPERRIO/